Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I'm finally back in the game

Dear friends, fans, strangers,

I've finally got my act together. The last 3 days have been incredibly productive. Celebrating that won't be nearly as fun until you have some background.

For the past few weeks, I've been trying to live out the childhood that I feel like I never had. For a while, all I did was eat junk food throughout the day and sit on my butt playing video games or watching movies. There were some "I-missed-class-to-veg-out" incidents, but hopefully that's not happenning again anytime soon. It's been 17 days since I started this madness and I can't take any more of it.

On friday I woke up with one thing on my mind:

public class HelloWorld{
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello World");
}
}

It's... a simple Java program that spits out the message "Hello World" on the console.1 I was somehow inspired by that and since friday morning, I've gotten a lot done. Homework, email, sorting out junk in my room, finding funny shapes in clouds - all that. Perhaps most importantly, I caught up on sleep. "Hello World," here comes the new and improved Manju!2


1 In the programming world, the path to learning any new language begins at that example.

2 Wasn't there a show called "Boy Meets World"? Just warning you that this blog has nothing to do with that.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I can tie it all together with:

1) When I was a kid I...
2) Sat on my butt, ate junk food, and watched Boy Meets World.

You're not really missing much. I may not be much older than a kid, but I don't miss any of it.

Lauren said...

I sat on my butt and watched Boy Meets World all the time when I was a kid.

Though I'm not much older, I'm so happy to have my childhood be over.