Monday, November 13, 2006

Success Is In My Blood

Several weeks ago, I donated blood for the first time. It's just one of those things that I did on an impulse. I saw one of those mobile blood donation centers right beside Paul Allen one day and I felt like doing something good. Back then, I was pretty out of shape. Having a lower red cell count for the time I started working out again felt like a good idea. The reasoning was similar to why athletes train at high altitudes - there's lower levels of oxygen going into your body and you need to learn to be really efficient with your movement. OK, it's also a little like blood doping, but I wasn't going to get my blood reinjected. Now for the real reason I brought up the topic.

For the longest time, I wanted to know what my blood type was. Thanks to the tests they perform on donated blood, I finally learned what mine was. The envelopes please... *drum roll*

I've got type A+ blood.

A+! You know what that means? That means that there's no way I can fail! Now that I know that success literally flows in my veins, I'm so fired up to face that math midterm this wednesday - and all my other to-do's. My life is kind of like that Captain Morgan commercial right now. Remember? "Got a little captain in you?" Replace "Captain" with A+!

Yes! I'm so full of myself right now. You would be too if you had a little A+ in you!

No comments: