Friday, January 05, 2007

My First Job Application

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone that's been faithfully reading my extremely long entries. I've decided to make reading my blog easier by making future entries short and focused. I'm going to try to break down the ideas for each entry into: what happened, (briefly) what I think about it, and what I'm going to do. That way, entries shouldn't be longer than 8 sentences. Here's how I begin following that simple guideline:

I think I've taken a major step toward adulthood today. I applied for a job. If I get it, this will be the first paid position that I've held in my life. Whether I get this job or not, this new feeling of control over my own life (and money) is liberating. Soon, when I graduate from UW, I'll get a real job and start my own life. Right, I've got to get back to homework if that's going to happen.


I don't know if I like saying it all so straight-forward like that. Then again, there are no minimum-number-of-words requirements to fill, so there's no reason for any fluff. Comments anyone?

1 comment:

Liz said...

yeah...adulthood...it's a bitch. trust me. but you get to have some crazy fun every now and then.